The Comedy School presents
SHAKESPEARE COMEDIES WORKSHOP
with John McDermott
More Dates Coming Soon
10am to 5pm at the Comedy School in Camden, London.
Price: £60 (£45 concession)
(Concession for students, seniors, unemployed,
Equity, Members of The Comedy School)
What's the Workshop About?
It's about Shakespeare's great comedy 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'. The workshop sets out to demystify Shakespeare and to show how accessible, relevant and fun his comedies still are. And by involving the participants in practical work, the aim will be to reveal the different choices that are open to actors and directors when working on a text.
Who Is the Course Aimed At?
The course is aimed at anyone over the age of 16, irrespective of academic background, with an interest in developing a knowledge of how Shakespeare's comedies might work in performance.
Specific Course Content
Through a variety of practical activities particpants will:
• Develop awareness of structures, energy, imagery and sound.
• Develop understanding of verse forms used in the play.
• Develop awareness of the importance of sub-text (meaning or meanings that lie behind a line of dialogue)
• Apply skills in performance - small group performances of scenes from the play will be worked on.
[The recommended minimum age for this course is
16. If anyone under 16 would like to attend, we are happy to assess this on
an individual basis; please contact us before booking.]
Back to Top of this Page
All content on this website is copyright
Website design by Henry Murray